Monday, March 31, 2014

NATURAL BEAUTY AND MAKEUP ARTIST LOVELYANNEKA

This naturalista who goes by the name Lovelyanneka is a natural hair guru and a beauty consultant/makeup artist. She's very talented, and I'm not just saying that because she is my blood, I'm saying that because her work speaks for itself. She puts her all into what she does and has enjoyed every minute of it. This island beauty found her true calling a few years back and is on the rise. I sat down with her to ask her some questions about how she maintains her natural hair and what advise she has to offer to anyone and everyone.




Q.  How long have you been natural?
A.  February 23rd, 2014 will make 3 years natural for me.

Q.  What products do you use in your hair?
A.  I use natural base products like Shea Moisture, Giovanni   
      natural products, Shea Butter, etc.

Q.  How often do you trim your hair?
A.  I trim my hair every 3-6 months and blow dry at least once a    
      year.

Q.  How do you keep your hair moisturized?
A.  I keep my hair moisturized by using a leave in conditioner and 
      seal my ends with oil/butter, such as Shea Butter, coconut  
      oil, etc.

Q.  What are some good hairstyles for transitioning into natural  
      hair? 
A.  Twist outs, Bantu knots, Senegalese twists, Braids and updos 
      are good transitioning styles.

Q. What advise would you give to anyone who wants to go natural 
     and for people who are already  natural?
A. I would say do it because you want to and not because everyone 
     else is doing it. For everyone thats already natural, I would 
     say to be very patient with your hair, make time to take care 
     of it and find products that works for your particular hair  
     type.

Q. Whats next for you?
A. Whats next for me is to try to reach a larger audience through  
     my social media websites, to educate them about natural hair  
     care and beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment